Xori is an automation-ready disassembly and static analysis library that consumes shellcode or PE binaries and provides triage analysis data.
Xori wouldn’t exist without inspiration and ideas from the open source community. We are indebted to the work of the Capstone engine and the LLVM Project.
- PE, PE+
- Plain shellcode
- Outputs json of the 1) Disassembly, 2) Functions, and 3) Imports.
- Manages Image and Stack memory.
- 2 modes:
- Light Emulation – meant to enumerate all paths (Registers, Stack, Some Instructions).
- Full Emulation – only follows the code’s path (Slow performance).
- Simulated TEB & PEB structures.
- Evaluates functions based on DLL exports.
- Displays strings based on referenced memory locations.
- Uses FLIRT style signatures (Fast Library Identification and Recognition Technology).
- Allows you to use your own exports for simulating the PEB.
- Will detect padding after a non-returning call.
- Will try to identify function references from offsets.
What it doesn’t do yet:
- The engine is interactive.
- Does not dump strings.
- Does not process non-executable sections.
- TEB and PEB are not enabled for non-pe files.
- Only some x86 instructions are emulated, not all.
- Patching and assembling.
- No plugins or scripting.
Install rust for OSX & Linux Distros
curl https://sh.rustup.rs -sSf | sh
Install rust for Windows
First get the rustup.exe (the rust toolchain installer) from here.
This tool will install the rust compiler rustc, the rust package manager cargo and other usefull tools for development in rust.
- run the rustup.exe
- follow the link from the output, or click here
- cancel the rustup-init.exe
- back in browser, scroll down, expand the tab Tools for Visual Studio 2017 & download the Build Tools for Visual Studio 2017
- run the executable
- open a new “Command Prompt” & follow the xori build steps here
1. Build Xori
This command will also create other binaries such as pesymbols ans peinfo.
git clone https://github.com/endgameinc/xori.git
cargo build --release
2. Create xori.json config file
cp xori.json.example xori.json
[edit if desired]
3. (Optional) Build the symbols files
If you want to create your own symbol files you need to set the dll folders to where you stored your windows dlls.
Run pesymbols to overwrite the function_symbol json
./target/release/xori -f test.exe
Run all tests
|Latest ✔||Latest ✔||Latest ✔||x||Latest ✔|
yarn (optional for UI dev)
- On Ubuntu 18.04 you may need to apt install the following:
curl git libssl-dev pkg-config build-essential npm
In one terminal
In another terminal
It will open your default browser to http://localhost:3000/. The backend API is listening on localhost:5000.