Merissa Villalobos is the North America Talent Acquisition Leader for NCC Group, a global security consulting firm and has been recruiting in security for 10 years. She got her start in Virginia, at a Federal Government contractor, filling roles for the intelligence community and various Government Agencies.
Jessica Gulick leads Katzcy Consulting, a growth hacker company that helps tech firms grow through strategy, market research, and digital marketing. With 20+ years in cybersecurity, she is a seasoned cybersecurity manager, marketer, consultant, and expert with a substantial network of technical and executive peers.
If anyone has questions, they can visit our website at https://womenscyberjutsu.org/ or reach out to me directly, I’m always happy to help!
· How to become a member: https://womenscyberjutsu.org/page/Join
· May 14-17 – ISSA-LA Summit XI – https://summit.issala.org/
- Founder, Lisa Jiggetts is speaking
- Hosting a CTF4Noobz: CTF Workshop + Competition. Thursday, May 16 • 10:00am – 5:20pm in Marion Davies Guest House.
- We will also have a booth to connect 1-on-1 with people
- Discount code for your referrals is Community-20off
– May 26-26 – LayerOne – https://www.layerone.org/venue/
- We will have a table
- Discount code soon to come
– Date TBD Pasadena City College and WSC are hosting a CTF
- Free training workshops plus finale CTF in June
– Aug 8 – Las Vegas, during hacker summer camp
For Paid Members
– Founder, Lisa Jiggetts is starting a free web hacking study group – “Web Hacking Dojo” (learning plan attached with NCC Group’s recommended reading list)
· Purpose: to learn web hacking in a group environment, sharing how-to’s, tips, etc. Goal is to have the participants’ at a skill level to work as a pentester, web app (maybe mobile) tester, bug bounty hunter.
· Once a week, every Tue 630-830pm PST (in-person/online combo)
· Note: This is peer-to-peer format, led by a facilitator. This is not a class or instructor-led event. It is more like a study group. We are not creating new curriculum, but will be leveraging learning resources already out there. At the end of the cycle, participants can take challenges/play CTF’s which can be used for gauging skill level and possible employment opportunities.
Follow us on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/securityweekly
- Register for our upcoming webcasts with LogRhythm and Recorded Future by going to securityweekly.com/webcasts . If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library at securityweekly.com/ondemand
- We just released our 2019 Security Weekly 25 Index Survey. Please go to securityweekly.com and click the Survey link to help us understand who’s evaluating, using, or formerly used any of the Security Weekly 25 companies. The results will be summarized and presented back to all responders in a private webcast.